Sunday, November 18, 2012

Faux Snow Snowflake Ornament

This is a quick and easy ornament project.  It is very kid friendly.  These would be great as teacher gifts, or write a personal message on the back and use them as gift tags.  These paper mache snowflakes are available at Hobby Lobby.

I started by painting the snowflake white with acrylic paint.  After that dried I sprayed the front side with Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive.  While the adhesive was still wet, I placed the snowflake on a clean sheet of paper and sprinkled on the Faux Snow.

I shook off the excess snow and put it back in the jar.  Then I sprinkled the ornament with Art Glitter Ultra Fine Glitter - Pearlescent - #183 Blue Angel.  The glitter filled in any spaces on the adhesive that the snow had not filled.

Then I used purple and blue printed card stock to stamp "Let it Snow" and glued it to a purple backing.  I used Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive (DDCA) to attach the card stock to the snowflake.  I finished with a swirl of rhinestones from Want2Scrap.  I used a little of the DDCA on the areas of the rhinestone swirl that extended over the "snowy" surface.

Thanks for stopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment